It’s late. Like past midnight late. You’re hungry. And you may or may not have had an alcoholic beverage or two. What do you do now? Get yourself over to one of the following 5 places to satiate your late-night hunger attack before it gets SERIOUS.
5. Pasquale’s Pizza-Location is everything and proximity to the bars on State Street make this place an ideal late-night dining destination. Also the pizza is pretty damn good. I ate here as student and still continue to visit Pasquale’s on occasion. My personal favorite is the Rat Wing Pizza which is Pasquale’s take on buffalo chicken pizza (with ranch and bbq sauce). Check them out if you haven’t already.
4. The Spot-Literally, The Spot never closes. They are open 24/7/365. I think I heard a story once that during a blizzard, on Christmas Eve, the owner of the Spot personally picked all of the employees up so that they could make it to work and keep the place open. I’m not sure if this is true or not, but it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it was. The Spot dishes out both dinner and breakfast items at night, but I typically opt for the breakfast items. Something just feels so right about digging into a 3 egg omelet or stack of blueberry pancakes at 3 AM.
3. Champz Sports Grille-Champz is the newcomer to the Binghamton dining scene but the food they’re putting out late-night is INSANE. Chili dogs, loaded tater tots, bacon wrapped hot dogs on a stick, and fried macaroni and cheese bites round out an already stacked menu that is sure to crave even your biggest late-night food craving. There’s even rumors of a BBQ cheddar bacon cheeseburger on a tater tot bun. Champz is changing the late-night food game in downtown Binghamton.
2. Skylark-Oh Skylark. You bring back such fond memories of delicious late-night food with friends and family. Whether it was to take a study break or to satiate a drunken food craving, you were always there for me. Your only downfall is that you don’t take credit cards. But it doesn’t matter, your 2 egg specials with a grilled corn muffin on the side will always hold a special place in my heart. I’m sure a lot of you know what I’m talking about.
1. Binghamton Hots-I’ve had an obsession with this place since it opened in a few years back. Hots actually got started around the same time CommuniKey did so you can say we kind of grew up together. Anyways, although they have a rather expansive menu (burgers, wraps, salads, finger foods, etc), I can’t help myself to anything other than a Hot Plate at night. It’s the perfect combination of spice, starch and fat. If you haven’t had the pleasure of sampling a Hot Plate yet I suggest you do that ASAP. My personal favorite is 2 cheese burgers, french fries, macaroni salad, bacon, hot place sauce, mustard and extra onions (don’t judge).
Now when the clock strikes midnight you have your complete cheat sheet on where to grab a bite to eat. Just promise us that you’ll enjoy responsibly and get a ride to these places if you’ve had a few beverages.
Since writing this post we found out that:
1. Skylark now takes credit cards (yay)
2. The Spot is no longer open 24 hours (boo)